Saturday, August 23, 2008

Chillin' in Denver

So I'm writing this from my iPod, watching Bill Richardson talk about Putin on MSNBC. However, as good as Bill is, he cannot distract me from the sinking feeling in my stomach caused by either a sudden worry Biden will say something stupid this weekend or (more likely) the cold Burger King "chicken" sandwich I paid $9.84 for at LAX.

At LAX though I met a great woman who was coming to Denver to work at the convention as a volunteer. She was kind of worried though that she wouldn't be able to see anything because of all the work she has to do. But she's really nice and she volunteered for Obama in CA, PA, and TX. She had some great (and some depressing) anecdotes about openness and racism and how the two interacted in small towns in PA.

Anyway, my thumb hurts, so I'm gonna wrap this up. But for tonight, I'm going out to dinner with Lauren, who brought me here, her Aunt, and the band Sugarland. Apparently they're pretty popular, but it's not my style. I like some of their songs though. Afterwards, I think we're going to "Discobama," a dance sponsored (I think) by the GLBT Democrats. Should be fun.

Peace

PS- check in tomorrow, I'm hoping to swing an interview with a certain prominent Democrat. No hints who though.

No comments: