Friday, August 22, 2008

Vice Presidents

Well, I've spent the past few days expecting a text message from Barack Obama, but every time my phone buzzes at some horrible early morning hour, it always ends up being someone wanting to go get breakfast at Rae's.  Which isn't a bad thing, considering the $1.85 biscuits and gravy, but it's still not Barack telling me who his VP will be.  So I've had to fill my time with idle speculation, some of which is below.

Everyone seems to think that there is a definite short list, comprising Biden, Bayh, Chet Edwards, maybe Hillary, Sebelius, Kaine, and then possibly other people (Schwiezer?).  I don't know any of these people, obviously, but I think some of them are better than others.  And some are really bad.  Like Chet Edwards.

I mean, Nancy Pelosi likes him, he's from Texas, he LOOKS like a nice guy, but his last name happens to be...Edwards.  I just don't see how anyone, not to mention someone as smart as Nancy Pelosi, still thinks putting anyone with the last name Edwards on the ticket is a good idea.

Obama-Edwards?  C'mon guys... you realize how bad those bumper stickers would sound, right?

On to Biden.  I don't really have a problem with him, but I told my friend that I didn't think it would be him a couple weeks ago and I really don't want to look dumb.  So I'll no comment him, even though the odds are he'll be it and I'll look dumb.

Bayh... eh.  I don't like pro Iraq War people.  So no Hillary either I guess.

Finally, I have to say I really like Kaine and Sebelius.  They've always been big Obama people, they're nice, and they have that whole new-fresh-not-involved-in-the-trainwreck-of-the-past-lots-of-years thing.  And they can help out in swing states!

However, much more important than any of this VP speculation is the fact that, once again, the vaunted Phillies offense managed to score only 3 runs last night against the SINGLE WORST TEAM in the division--and possibly in baseball.  Ugh.

Peace

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Finally. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for another Gruber to start blogging. I look forward to hearing all the gruesome/overlooked/undiscovered details of the DNC.

The Resilient Youth Foundation said...

I was pulling for Kaine too, but the AP just reported he's out of the running.

I agree with the Chet Edwards comment - he's against Gay Marriage and the Democrats don't have a chance of taking Texas so it's useless.